About Business Analytics
Business analytics focuses on developing new insights and understanding of business performance based on data and statistical methods. Business analytics refers to the skills, technologies, practices for continuous iterative exploration and investigation of past business performance to gain insight and drive business planning.
Business analytics makes extensive use of statistical analysis, including explanatory and predictive modeling, and based management to drive decision making. It is therefore closely related to management science.
ECHOES is the annual event of IIM Kozhikode featured a wide variety of competition from colleges across India and. Over the years ECHOES has become a name synonymous with the biggest events in South India. The theme for Echoes 2017 is Good Old 90's and thi only in the theme but also in the stunning array of new events we have added to make the experience more memorable. The event shows the artistic and creative side of best minds of the country.
Who should register for the Program:
- Management Students
- Commerce Graduates
- Any person aspiring to start his/her own Business
• Introduction to Business Analytics • Introduction to Analytics • Analytics vs. Analysis • Places Where Analytics is Applied • Career Path, What is Analytics?, • Analytics Stages, Popular Tools, Role of a Data Scientist, Data Analytics Methodology • Problem Definition, Techniques involved in defining a problem, • Types of Data, Summarizing Data, Data Collection, Data Collection Methods, • Data Dictionary, Outlier Treatment • Data Exploration • Business Intelligence • Data Mining • Introduction to Data Mining, • Data Mining Process • Data mining tool XLMiner • Loveman article – “Diamonds in the Data Mine”, • Market Basket Analysis • Basic Anaytic Techniques – Using SAS, R and Excel • Data Visualization (Graph and Plots) with SAS,R and Excel • Statistical Concepts and Their Applications In Business • Statistical Methods • Population and Samples • Developing a sampling plan • Sampling techniques • Descriptive Statistics • Probability Theory, Assigning Probabilities • Decision Modelling • Optimization • Use of Excel to solve business problems: e.g. marketing mix, capital budgeting, • Portfolio optimization • Decision Making under Uncertainty • Simulation • Introduction to @Risk • Types of problems: inventory management, capital investment analysis • Market share estimation, sensitivity analysis Decision making under uncertainty. • Descriptive Analytics/Visual Intelligence • Predictive Analytics • Proactive Retention of Retail Customers through Sales Prediction using Linear Model, etc. • Credit Risk Modelling using Logistic Models • Demand Forecasting (Time Series Models) and Inventory Optimization • Prescriptive Analytics/ Recommendation Engine – Market Basket Analysis • Objective Segmentation – Credit Card Transaction Authorization • Subjective Segmentation – Customer Behaviour Segmentation • Case Study • Competition Round • Certificate Distribution • Sign off
All Participants would be awarded with the certificate of Participation, Merit and Coordination.
Timings:Decided by the college Management
Registration Charges: 3000/- INR per Student
Expectations from College: Seminar Hall , Mic, Projector, Accommodation and Hospitality of the mentor, Internet Connection.
Download Registration Form Click Here To Download
Steps for online Registration and Payment:
- Take the print out of “Registration form”
- Furnish the required information on the printed Registration form
- Pay the fee Rs. 3000 (Three thousand) only online using following details of the Receiver:
- Faculty Coordinator and A/C holder's Name: Rahul Kaushal
- A/C No. 31825407768
- IFS Code: SBIN0003663
- Bank: State Bank of India