Department of Information Technology
Department of Information technology offers B.Tech degree which is four-year undergraduate program in which students are trained on the concept of software development. Department have highly qualified and research-oriented faculties. The department facilitates an overall course structure that offers a strong basis for the fundamental elements of both classic technologywhich covers OS, Networks and Database and new technologies such as MLand Data Mining. All computation aspects achieve through advance laboratories. The department not only features intriguing placements and internships but also gives students who are interested in research, the chance to intern with professors at leading universities across the world or in the department.
Information Technology has transformed the whole idea of manual work to be done digitally, thus reducing human effort. The curriculum for Information Technology Engineering is primarily designed to provide students with both theoretical knowledge and technical skills.It also includes the research and use of computers that accelerate the development and deployment of reliable, user-friendly, interoperable, and secure systems. Information technology includes a combination of hardware and software used to perform important tasks that students need and use on a daily basis. The curriculum also intends to improve a technological depth of knowledge and skills in analysis, design, implementation, and use of both information technology core skills and specialization skills.
Future Scope and Opportunities Scope
Information Technology is one such field in the engineering that paves way for a shining future. Students use computers to collect, store, or manipulate information. IT graduates are employed by IT service provider companies which have an interest in development of software, its application and testing. Anyone having qualities like good communication skills, curiosity to come up with new ideas and passion to improve their knowledge in the IT industry can expect the best things in their career.
An IT professional can start his/her career by assuming these job roles –
- Database administrators
- Software developer
- Data analyst
- Web developer
- Software engineer
- Information security analyst
The work roles offered to information graduates are Programmers, Software Developer, Quality Analyst, Graphical Designer, Technical Consultant etc. An IT graduate may get into research and development or Networking & Security Administrator in any IT industry.
- Practical or hands-on learning has help students to self-develop their knowledge to become programmer.
- Laboratory experiences enhance student understanding of specific scientific facts and concepts to develop skill of quality Analyst.
- Laboratories promote a student’s ability to identify questions and concepts that guide conceptual logic.
- Laboratory experience allows students to learn how to use technical tools to gain insight.
There are state-of-the-art labs well equipped for programming and research in computer graphics, web technology, Building Enterprise applications, databases, data mining, distributed systems, natural language processing, networking, and operating systems etc. Systems are spreading across in the following labs.
Soft computing Lab
Advance information Technology Lab
IOT Lab/Hardware Lab
Data Analytics Lab
MOU withRobotronixEngineering Tech. Pvt. Ltd., Indorefor skill development, outcome-basedtrainings, automation techniques and to adopt entrepreneurship culture and attitudes.
- Hands-on session on ” IoT Product Life Cycle ” is be conducted by Mr. SaralJain CEO, RashailTech.Labs private limited and founder PLATFORUMA.
- A workshop on “Machine Learning Beyond the Buzzword and State of the Practice” is organized by Mr. SomakBasu Co-Founder and owner of OneQuest Technologies.
- Project ExihibitionIoT Project Exhibition was conducted on 17 May on the occasion of World Telecommunication & Information Society Day. Chief GuestMr. Sanjeev Singhal, GM Telecom Indore division, inaugurated the program and also addressed students on the importance of conducting such events. Mr. Sanjeev Singhal briefed over the importance of innovative projects. She also motivated the students to collaborate with industry experts for internships.
The IoT Project Exhibition & Competition is an initiative to promote project-based learning among students and aims to give students first-hand exposure to a variety of technical aspects of the internet of things and engineering problems. This will help students develop their innovative and creative thinking skills and deepen their understanding of engineering concepts. There were roughly 12 projects on display that were completed by fourth semester students. The IoT practical session, which is a requirement for their current semester’s curriculum, inspired the students to perform this demonstration. The subject-matter experts and students eagerly arranged and took part in this event, providing working examples of where and how IoT may be applied in modern life.
A workshop on “Machine Learning Beyond the Buzzword and State of the Practice” is organized by Mr. SomakBasu Co-Founder and owner of OneQuest Technologies.