“Library – from the Latin word liber, meaning “book.” Library is an important part of organization. A collection or group of collections of books and/or other print or nonprint materials organized and maintained for use (reading, consultation, study, research, etc.).
Importance of Libraries
Libraries play a vital role in providing people with reliable content. They encourage and promote the process of learning and grasping knowledge
Rules & Regulations
- Strict silence, decorum and discipline must be maintained in the library. Use of cell-phones is also not allowed
- Smoking, eating, sleeping and talking loudly are strictly prohibited in the library
- Readers should not mark, underline, dog-ear, write, tear pages or otherwise damage the library documents.
- Newspapers, magazines and journals must be read only in the library on specific tables and should not be taken to any other reading areas.
- No library material can be taken out of the library without permission. Unauthorized removal of anything belonging to the library will be treated as theft and dealt accordingly.
- Any one who violates the rules and regulations of the library would be liable to lose the privilege of library membership and may be debarred from using the library facilities.
- Suggestions on all aspects,of library services are welcome.
- All faculty, staff, scholars and students of the institute are entitled to become library members
- Membership is allowed only after submitting a duly filled in and signed membership form, duly recommended by the concerned Head or office order of joining in the institute. The members are supposed to be conversant with and agreeable to the Library rules.
Users are divided into the following categories – their entitlements, maximum number of books and number of days of issue is proposed in the following table .Instructors have the privileges to get the text books issued for the whole of the semester.
Fine for late return books/journals
A fine of 2 (two) rupees per day per book will be charged from the defaulting members. The collected fine will be deposited in accounts section and proper receipt will be provided to the member. User(s) has to return all issued books when he/ she is out of station for more than thirty days .
Renewal of books
Students can also renew the books again after the completion of charging period. Renewal duration is of one month.
E Books are also available in Digital Library. You can use in Library Period.
Online Digital Library
In short, libraries are a great place to gain knowledge. They serve each person differently. They are a great source of learning and promoting the progress of knowledge.
- Total books 34465 ( sdbct) + 31000(sdbce)
- One time 6 books issued to students
- Online digital library available
- NDLI club member(National digital library)
- RGPV consortium elibrary
- National and international journals online and offline
- Hindi and English news paper available in library
- Also employment news papers
- Competitive exams books (GATE,CAT,UPPSC etc)